Wanted: innovative startups with impact
Startup your business in the Hague, the international city of peace and justice. We believe that economic success goes hand in hand with social impact (‘doing good and doing business’). Join Startup in Residence and work together with us on smarter solutions for our citizens.
Are you a starting entrepreneur with innovative ideas for solutions to urban and social issues in The Hague? Give your startup a kick-start and join the municipality of The Hague in this challenge. Make your business a success and register for Startup in Residence before May 22nd.
The best ideas, chosen by a jury, are eligible for an investment in money, training with a 4-month coach, workspace and a good network from The Hague to help your company grow.
We are looking for your innovative solution for:
- A way to reduce food waste at organized lunches;
- New products from parts of old, discarded computers and other electronic devices;
- An innovative and easy solution for paid parking;
- New ways to ensure that local entrepreneurs retain their customers at road closures;
- A smart system that monitors and manages heat pump installations;
- A system to accurately measure visitor numbers at free events in the city;
- Innovative smart combinations of people and technology solutions so people with physical or mental limitations can get back to work;
- An uber-like solution for transportation options for residents with disabilities;
- A digital and secure way to send voting documents making sure that citizens living abroad will receive their voting documents at all times;
- Make alternative ways of social return more a ractive to entrepreneurs
Registration for Startup in Residence was possible until May 22, 2018. On June 12th, the selected candidates will be announced. The kick-off of is on June 28th!
Wanted: innovative ideas
Do you have a good, innovative idea for a startup but do you need an extra push? Do you want to start a business but do you still lack the financial means and knowledge? Can you use expert training and expert guidance? Does your company need good publicity and a strong network?
Sign up for the third edition of Startup in Residence!
“Since my startup has direct social impact, a program set up by the municipality, such as Startup in Residence, is an ideal platform for me.”
– The Next Green Thing, founder Sharat Sreekantan
“I believe the most valuable part of the Startup in Residence The Hague program is the vast amount of knowledge, experience and network connections that will be made available.”
– Driven to Impact, founder Dennis Roopram
Kickstart your business
The Startup in Residence programme offers various opportunities to kickstart your business.